Sunday, November 17, 2013

Ubuntu freezes and unity disappears

I tried to install some icon theme packs using synaptic manager and this error came to me. Unity, synaptic, gnome-tweak tool etc were uninstalled. I tried many. But nothing seems to be working fine. Atlast, this worked for me

Fix broken packages first and try the below commands.

sudo apt-get install unity-2d
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop-2d
sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager
sudo apt-get install xserver-xgl
sudo apt-get install emerald
sudo apt-get install compiz-fusion-plugins-extra
sudo apt-get install git compiz-plugins-extra
sudo apt-get install compiz-plugins-extra
sudo apt-get install unity




If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed! Comments are encouraged

No comments:
Write comments