While I am trying to connecting my two computers via LAN, I faced a problem. I've installed Windows 8 in both the systems. It asks me to change the network to private in order to connect. After successfully establishing a lan connection between the computers, I've restarted my both PC's . Settings weren't lost but, again I need to troubleshoot and fix the issue i.e changing from public to private.
This is the issue whenever I restart any of my PCs. At-last I found a solution.
1) Open Run (Windows button + R)
2) Type secpol.msc and hit enter
3) Open network list manager policies
4) Choose your network name and right click on it.
5) Choose properties option and set it to private.
This works for me :)
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed! Comments are encouraged